In India, things like PAN, aadhaar card and election voter ID card have lots of importance because without them you wouldn’t be able to do any administrative government work. Permanent Account Number which is also known as PAN, is the proof identity of yours and you would need it when you are filing income tax returns of yours or any businesses which you own. PAN is one of the most important documents which everyone should possess in good form. If the information on your PAN card is not correct, then it would create some problems for you. Because sometimes while applying for Pan card you might have wrongly typed your date of birth, surname or any other details. Now to make any correction in your PAN card one thing which you need to know that you can do it online also. It’s better to do correction in pan card online rather than sitting for long hours in seva Kendra to fix the issue.
People often face various problems when they want to make any changes in their pan card online. Because there are many seva kendras where you can go and submit required documents to make necessary changes in name, address or date of birth. However, one common problem which everyone faces here is that they don’t get the appropriate service, which is the main reason why the government of India is focusing more on online services. You can correct any information relating to PAN by sitting right in front of a working computer. So if you want to know more about online pan card correction, then keep reading this post.
- 1 What Kind Of Documents Required For Making Correction In Pan Card?
- 2 Following Documents Can Be Submitted In Various Case Of Making Change
What Kind Of Documents Required For Making Correction In Pan Card?
One thing that you need is to possess all the required documents for making corrections in pan card. Because if you don’t have any required documents then you wouldn’t be able to make any changes online, so here’s the list of those documents which you need to have.
- Proof of PAN
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Proof in support of changes required
You can use Aadhaar Card as proof of Identity, date of birth and address.
Following Documents Can Be Submitted In Various Case Of Making Change
Sometimes the cases in which you need to change your name might be different, and at that time you would require to submit necessary documents according to that case only.
Pan Card Name Change After Marriage
In case you want to change the name on your pan card because of marriage, then you can submit any of the following documents.
- Marriage certificate
- Marriage invitation card
- Publication of name change in official gazette
- Copy of passport showing husband’s name
Change Name In Pan Card As Per Aadhaar
Sometimes people might make the mistake of putting wrong names in their aadhaar and PAN card. In case if you want to see the same name on aadhar and PAN card, then you will need to upload the following documents while submitting pan card correction application form.
- Aadhaar card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Newspaper advertisement containing the updated name
How To Fill Up Pan Card Correction Application Form
When you want to make any changes in your pan card, then you would need to fill up the correction form online carefully. Following are required steps which you need to follow to fill up the application form.
- First of all, you will have to visit www.myutiitsl.com and click on the CSF Form that states “Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data”.
- After you fill up the form, correctly click on “Submit.”
- Then you will have to pay the required fees for which you will be issued an acknowledgement receipt.
If you don’t want to use the online application form, then you can download it for free and then submit it to the nearest seva Kendra with required documents.
Some Guidelines For Making PAN Card Update Online
Before making any changes in your PAN card, you should know the basic guidelines. Sometimes people don’t give that much importance to basic things because of which they might face some trouble while submitting an online form on the NSDL website.
- The required PAN Card correction must be filled in English only
- Enter the ten-digit number correctly
- The name should not have any prefix such as Mr Mrs, etc.
- No abbreviations are allowed while filling up the form. However, a HUF applicant can use “HUF” after their own name.
- Father’s name shall have to enter even if married women are filing the form.
- Contact address relating to town, city and state should be entered.
- If you’ve mentioned your Aadhar card number, then you will have attached a copy of it.
So this is how you can get PAN Card Update Online by following the steps mentioned above. You will need to make sure that whatever information which you are putting while filing an application form must be correct. Sometimes people make mistakes even while submitting an online application for changes or correction in PAN Data. So when you are trying to make changes in your original PAN card, you should be aware of everything. If you have any questions or doubts, then you can leave us a comment down below.